From Southern Living
- 2 (16 oz) jars dill pickle sandwich slices, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 (12 oz) can beer
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ranch dipping sauce
- vegetable oil
- Pat pickles dry with paper towels.
- Whisk together egg and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl; add 1½ cups flour, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1½ inches into a large heavy skillet or dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat to 375 degrees.
- Dip pickle slices into batter, allowing excess batter to drip off.
- Fry pickles, in batches, 3 to 4 minutes or until golden.
- Drain and pat dry on paper towels; serve immediately.