Contributed by Dorothy Johnson to the SoFAB Tremé exhibit.
- 2 pounds of ground meat
- 1 pound of diced seasoned ham
- 1 pound of shrimp cut in halves
- 3 cups of bread crumbs (gradually add water until bread loosens)
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 bell peppers (place in bottom of pan, to cover the entire bottom 2 quart aluminum pan)
- 1 chopped onion (medium
- ½ chopped bell pepper (place in sections of stuffing)
- 1 teaspoon of seasoning all
- smoked sausage could be added if desired
- Place ground meat in a medium size bowl beat eggs and pour into bowl and ground meat.
- Add seasoning all.
- Add (chopped) ham or smoke sausage or both.
- Fry seasoning with butter in skillet (add to bowl).
- Add raw shrimp to bowl.
- Place raw strips of bell peppers in bottom of pan (cover bottom).
- Place mixed a from bowl over the peppers.
- Add a few pieces in between stuffing mix.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over stiffing mix along with butter strips over top of bread crumbs.
- Place prepared pan into over at 350 degrees for one about one hour and a half.