From Chef Jamie Shannon of Commander's Palace in New Orleans
- 1½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 1½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoon shallots
- 3 tablespoon garlic
- 4 tablespoon anchovy (optional)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoon white onion
- 1½ tablespoon sugar
- 6 ounces Regina red wine vinegar
- 3 cups olive oil
- Puree all ingredients except oil.
- Drizzle in oil to emulsify.
- Toss with bite-size romaine lettuce, thinly sliced red onion rings, croutons and shaved romano cheese.
- Commander's serves with corn fried oysters.