- ½ stick butter
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup diced bell pepper
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon basil leaves
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 3 medium bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- 3 cups whole tomatoes with juice, diced
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 3 cups shrimp or chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Crystal hot sauce
- Melt butter in a heavy sauce pot.
- Add yellow onion, bell pepper, celery, parsley, garlic, basil, peppers, salt, bay leaves, sugar and green onion.
- Cook until the bell pepper turns bright green and onions begin to become transparent.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato puree, stock and hot sauce.
- Bring to a boil; then simmer until reduced to two quarts, approximately 45 minutes to one hour, stirring occasionally.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.