- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- 1 (10¾ ounce) can cream of shrimp soup
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- salt, cayenne, and hot sauce to taste
- minced green onions for garnish
- In a heavy black iron pot, melt the butter and saute the onions, garlic, bell peppers and celery until wilted.
- Add the crawfish tails and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the soup, water and wine and stir.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the seasonings and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add the green onions.
- Serve over steamed rice.