- 1 3-pound chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 quart oil for frying
- Cut chicken into eight pieces.
- Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix eggs, milk, and water.
- Pour mixture over chicken and let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a heavy paper bag, mix flour, paprika, thyme, and garlic.
- Place chicken in bag with flour mixture.
- Shake until chicken is well coated.
- Heat oil in a Magnalite fryer (oil should reach 350 degrees).
- Place chicken in hot oil.
- Fry, turning as chicken browns.
- Heavy parts such as breast, thighs, and legs will take 15-20 minutes, wings about 10-15 minutes.
- Drain chicken on paper towels.