- ½ cup Old New Orleans Cajun Spice Rum
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup butter
- 1 can (15 oz.) sweet potatoes, drained and mashed
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box french vanilla cake mix
- 1 small box (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup pecans, finely chopped
For the glaze Edit
- 1/ cup butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup Old New Orleans Cajun Spice Rum
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan.
- Mix rum, eggs, oil, and butter with an electric mixer until blended.
- Add sweet potatoes, cake mix, pudding mix, and pumpkin pie spice, and blend on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour cake batter over the pecans.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- To prepare glaze, combine butter, water, and brown sugar in a saucepan, bring to a boil and cook for one minute.
- Add rum.
- Poke holes in cake while still in pan and pour half of the glaze over the cake.
- Turn cake onto serving platter and pour the remaining glaze over cake. Cut into squares and enjoy!.