- 12 extra large eggs
- 1½ cups distilled white vinegar
- 1½ cups water
- 1 tablespoon pickling sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the vinegar, water and pickling spice.
- Bring to a boil and mix in the garlic and bay leaf.
- Remove from heat.
- Transfer the eggs to sterile containers.
- Fill the containers with the hot vinegar mixture, seal and refrigerate 8 to 10 days before serving.