- 1 quart white vinegar
- ½ cup salt, not iodized
- 1 cup water
- fresh okra
- dill seed
- hot red peppers
- hot green peppers
- garlic cloves
- Place ½ teaspoon dill seed in bottom of each sterilized pint jar.
- Pack washed fresh okra as tightly as possible in each jar being careful not to bruise the okra.
- Add ½ dill seed, 1 hot green pepper, 1 hot red pepper, and 1 clove of garlic to each jar.
- Bring to boil the vinegar, water, and salt.
- Cover okra with hot mixture.
- Seal jars and process in boiling water bath according to jar manufacturer's instructions.
- Allow to stand for two weeks.
- Chill before serving.