- ½ cup white vinegar, eyeball it
- 2 rounded teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove cracked garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried or 2 tablespoons fresh dill leaves, chopped or snipped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 kirby cucumbers, cut into 1-inch slices on the angle
- Heat small saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add vinegar, sugar, mustard seed, salt, and garlic to the pan and cook until it begins to simmer and sugar dissolves.
- Toss the dill, bay leaf, and sliced cucumbers together in a heat-proof bowl.
- Pour the simmering liquid over the cucumbers and stir to evenly coat.
- Allow to cool to room temperature or chill before serving.